Read this, everyone [Really Official]

Moderatorer: Michael Carl, Jimmy Johansson, Hylander, daskad

Delirium

Read this, everyone [Really Official]

Inlägg av Delirium »

Okay, we just scored our 36th team and it's less than four weeks left. In an attempt to make information more accessible, I will gather everything unto this thread for everyone to follow, not just the non-Swedish speakers. From now on, this is the only thread for official information. Understood?

To make this clear from the start, there will be no non-playing organisers or judges present. None. We will all play. Fortunately, we are all on different teams, and this is a toy soldier game so I'm confident everything will run smoothly. If there are any arguments, they will be solved in the traditional way: by discussion among the Geek Elders and Masters of Nerdy Lore. However, in the interest of transparency, all information has been made publicly available as soon as possible. (If you can't bear the thought of having no de jure impartial judge, then I really can't help you. At least you've been warned.)

Rules: We will use the Swedish FAQ, which can be found here: http://www.svenska40k.se/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=804 (read it carefully to avoid surprises)

Missions: Written by Anders and Ooan, final version here: http://www.svenska40k.se/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=741

Composition: The 5.4.1 version will be used of Jocke and Mattias's great work, found here: http://www.svenska40k.se/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=719 How to calculate composition and how it affects the tournament is listed in this thread: http://www.svenska40k.se/forum/viewtopi ... 9809#p9809

Matchup process:
Teams will play five games. Before each game captains decide which four players will play which list (so yes, you can change players around within the team from one game to the next) and then proceed to create four matchups. Each game is played over 3h 15 minutes. The results from all four matchups are added together and constitute the final game result. The team with the most points from five games (plus composition effects) is declared the winner. Matchup procedure is as follows:

1: Captains announce their players (and their lists).
2: Roll a die and the winner chooses to be A or B.
3: A then nominates one of their armies for pairing and then B chooses one of their armies. A then chooses on which table the two armies play.
4: A then nominates another one of their armies for pairing and then B chooses one of their armies. A then chooses on which table the two armies play.
5: B then nominates one of their armies for pairing and then A chooses one of their armies. B then chooses on which table the two armies play.
6: The remaining two armies will play on the remaining table.

A matchup yields 20 points in total, divided between the players depending on their ratio of victory points. A player can usually earn as many objective VPs as he can from regular VPs (so you can get 1500 points from objectives and 1500 for killing the entire opposing army). The results from the four matchups are added together to create a final game result (so the maximum margin is 80-0).
Time: The schedule looks like this:
Friday 18:30 - Official presentation and information
19.00 - 22:15 - Game 1*
Saturday
10.00-13:15 - Game 2
14:15-17:30 - Game 3
19:00-22:15 - Game 4
Sunday
10:00-13:15 - Game 5
14:00 - Award Ceremony
*= Since there are 72 tables (at the minimum) to prepare and most of them will probably arrive late, all players are expected to help prepare their own table. Now, there will be delays, so let's all resign ourselves to a long Friday night together.

In the interest of fairness: The time allotted for each game (the first one is obviously a special case) covers the matchup process, the individual games, and time to report results. If one team is late for game start, give them five minutes. After those five minutes, their opponents get to select all the matchups and the tables. If more than 20 minutes late, the game is forfeit and their opponents win the game 60-0. Be on time.

Finishing the game: Time will be called out at strategic intervals. Do not start a new turn if there's 15 minutes or less left of the game. If results are handed in more than ten minutes after game end, both teams suffer a two point deduction, if more than 15 minutes late a five point deduction, and if results are more than 20 minutes late the final result is registered as 0-0.

Army lists will be made public just a few seconds after midnight on the morning of the 24th. Since everyone will be scrutinizing each others' lists, we are confident any errors will be found (and reported) almost immediately.

Money and registration: Everybody must register for the convention (foreign guys can do this on arrival). This is 250 SEK to be paid to the convention, not to me. On top of this, I will probably need to scrounge up roughly an additional 100 SEK from each team to cover some expenses.

Okay, that's all I can think of for now, but someone will point out, triumphantly, everything I've forgotten. If you have questions, count to ten, think; then ask them.

Björn
Senast redigerad av 4 Delirium, redigerad totalt 22 gång.
"Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field are 3,720 to 1!"
"Never tell me the odds."

Delirium

Re: Read this, everyone [Really Official]

Inlägg av Delirium »

Okay, thought of some more issues:

Painting and wysiwyg
We're not handing out individual painting scores for each army, but we still want the tournament to look good. So bring an army that is at least tabletop standard, and use only units that could conceivably be part of the same army. Also, make sure your models pass a WhatYouSeeIsWhatYouGet test, we don't want to confuse our opponents unnecessarily. Failure to comply with these points will lead to a points deduction.

Army lists
Make sure you bring your army lists, and that they are easy to read. As with the above point, we want to focus on gameplay, not confusion. Many people frown upon Armybuilder.

Awards:

Best Painted
A hastily assembled jury will select a handful of armies as candidates in a Best Painted competetion, with voting taking place on Saturday evening.

Captain Nice Guy
After the five games there will be a vote for the team that displayed the most gentlemanly and general nice-guy behaviour.

Team Name
There will also be a vote for the team with the best name.

Third, second and first place
Easily forgotten, but some people want to win games as well, and we need prizes for them too.
"Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field are 3,720 to 1!"

Delirium

Inlägg av Delirium »

Edited the time rules.

Delirium

Inlägg av Delirium »

Okay, let's add some more stuff to do for Friday during game one:

Detailed information on painting and wysiwyg

Process: After tables have been built, games have been drawn and matchups have been created players should put their armies on display on their allotted tables. The two captains (or their proxies) from each game then dance hand in hand to the game that is played on their neigbouring tables and jointly check those armies for painting and wysiwyg violations and vice versa (so that tables 1-4 captains check tables 5-8, 5-8 check 1-4 and so on). There will be judges available, call on them to make rulings. We hope that the inspection process will take no more than 15 minutes after which the games can begin.

The honesty appeal: First, bring armies that pass restrictions. If you for some reason cannot, then be honest about it and announce it immediately on inspection. If you honestly disagree with something, call the judges and they will settle the argument. Do not be gamey. I hate gamey. This is a toy soldier game.

Penalties: These will be subtracted from the team score after the fifth game.
A. 1 for each unit that is obviously borrowed/not in line with the rest of the army
B. 1 for each model that is obviously not painted and/or based according to tabletop standard
C. 1 for each unit with an obvious wysiwyg violation (1 more if the unit has a second, different violation, and so on).
Example: A unit with 47 models does not have wargear X on them, that's -1. They also do not have wargear Y on them, that's another -1 for a total of -2.

Delirium

Inlägg av Delirium »

Send in finalized lists, all four lists in the same email, including computed comp scores, before Saturday!

Delirium

Inlägg av Delirium »

Updated link for the newly released FAQ, check it out pronto.

Clarified the composition compilation as 5.4.1 and not 5.4 - check it out, now with Space Wolves!

Delirium

Inlägg av Delirium »

All the teams' lists are posted here: http://www.svenska40k.se/forum/viewforum.php?f=55

In the threads sharp-eyed fellow players will point out your mistakes concerning rules, lists, as well as composition. Correct those mistakes as soon as possible!

Delirium

Inlägg av Delirium »

Due to the unusually large number of errors, we will push the deadline forward to Wednesday, 6 pm. Everyone can change their lists as mush as they like, but if any lists are found to be in error after this deadline, they will be penalized with -10 tournament points.

Björn

Delirium

Inlägg av Delirium »

A small word on the matchup process. We will try a slightly more relaxed approach this year and let captains communicate freely with their players during the process. Note that the role of the captain has not changed in any way, they still make all decisions between them and are certainly under no obligation to consult their team members as they hand them horrific opponents.

Skriv svar