Official information

Moderatorer: Michael Carl, Jimmy Johansson, Hylander, daskad

Delirium

Official information

Inlägg av Delirium »

Practical matters:

The tournament is in Borås, 65 kilometers east of Gothenburg, Sweden. It starts on Friday October 30th and ends on Sunday November 1st, 2009. The schedule looks like this:

Friday
18:30 - Official presentation and information
19.00 - 22:15 - Match 1

Saturday
10.00-13:15 - Match 2
14:15-17:30 - Match 3
19:00-22:15 - Match 4

Sunday
10:00-13:15 - Match 5
14:00 - Award Ceremony

The Convention

The tournament is held under the auspices of Borås SpelKonvent (Borås Game Convention), BSK http://bsk.sverok.net/. Participants must register for the convention (web registration not available yet, in any case you can register on arrival, entrance fee is about 250 crowns) as well as the tournament itself (more on this later). Free lodging is available at the convention (floor space, but at least it's indoors!). Meals are bought on site or in the city of Borås (we're at the University of Borås, 1d4 minutes from everything).

Tournament Registration

Teams consist of at least four and no more than six players, of which one is appointed captain. The captain enters a team name and the names of all players and four army lists of 1500 points each when they register for the tournament. This is done in an email to bsklag2009@yahoo.se - registration opens September 1st. Armies and lists can be altered up to a week before the tournament but a valid registration must contain four lists. Each team can only take one army from each codex, all Space Marine codexes count as one codex for this purpose. If a team has no Chaos Marine army, it can take two Space Marine armies instead (by tradition).

Composition

Lists are awarded composition points according to a set list of penalties (and a few bonuses) for each army. The list will be made public beforehand so that players can calculate their composition themselves. How composition affects the tournament is covered in a separate thread.

Games

Teams will play five games. Before each game captains decide which four players will play which list (so yes, you can change players around within the team from one game to the next) and then proceed to create four matchups. Each game is (usually) played over 3h 15 minutes. The results from all four matchups are added together and constitute the final game result. The team with the most points from five games (plus composition effects) is declared the winner. Matchup procedure is as follows:

1: Captains announce their players (and their lists).
2: Roll a die and the winner chooses to be A or B.
3: A then nominates one of their armies for pairing and then B chooses one of their armies. A then chooses on which table the two armies play.
4: A then nominates another one of their armies for pairing and then B chooses one of their armies. A then chooses on which table the two armies play.
5: B then nominates one of their armies for pairing and then A chooses one of their armies. B then chooses on which table the two armies play.
6: The remaining two armies will play on the remaining table.

A matchup yields 20 points in total, divided between the players depending on their ratio of victory points. A player can usually earn as many objective VPs as he can from regular VPs (so you can get 1500 points from objectives and 1500 for killing the entire opposing army). The results from the four matchups are added together to create a final game result (so the maximum margin is 80-0).

/Björn Engqvist, tournament (dis-)organiser.
Senast redigerad av 2 Delirium, redigerad totalt 21 gång.
"Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field are 3,720 to 1!"
"Never tell me the odds."

chtiofonce

Re: Official information

Inlägg av chtiofonce »

Hello Sweden :P

I'm with the 10ish french party preparing to fly north for this event. Those of you who have attended a 40k ETC should see who I am, I'm blond too :mrgreen: :lol:

I think I've got the idea of the comp system, each army starts with a 'KP total' and then substract 'KPs' for the items listed in the pdf file Jocke kindly provided, is that right ?

Then we only need to know a bit more about the way you play scenarii in the land of the Nobel to draft not too ridiculous lists...any info on that is welcome :)

Finally, could you also link us to the clarifications corpus you're using ? I've got a version from march or so but I'd like to be sure to have the latest in order to avoid crossing the mighty swedes for not respecting their gaming customs :o

cheers

Pierre

egge

Inlägg av egge »

The missions are in the PDF-file in the first posting in this topic, though they are under construction. But they should give some sense to how the missions will be played out.

http://www.svenska40k.se/forum/viewtopi ... 75&start=0

The swedish FAQ will most likely be used in BSK, found here:
http://www.svenska40k.se/regler.php?action=sfaq

Click on the underlined text: "Sverige FAQ:en" and you should get it up. I'm not sure if this is the final version that will be used on BSK, though.
Antagligen sämsta 40k spelaren i Sverige
Min tråkiga 40k blogg med för mycket text: http://egges40k.wordpress.com/

chtiofonce

Inlägg av chtiofonce »

Cheers for the reply and usefull links.

A couple problems of understanding on comp...please help :roll:

It's difficult for me to understand how to compute the malus of multiple of the same items, as the word 'each' is used sometimes and most of the times not. Does this mean that when 'each' isnt used, then the simple appearance of the unit characteristic brings up the malus, but any repeat of the same characteristic does not repeat the malus ?
Haemonculus
-3 Reaver Jetbike
-3 Xenospasm / Terrorfex
-1 Destructor / Stinger / Scissorhand

Sorcerer
-1 each Sorcerer
-2 Warptime / Bolt of Change / Wind of Chaos
-25 Lash of Submission
-2 Jump Pack / Disc of Tzeentch
-3 Bike / Wings / Steed of Slaanesh
The 2 ways I see possible to compute are as follows.

Hypothesis 1 " repeat the malus each time the unit characteristic appears"
example 1 : 1 Haemonculus with terrorfex (-3), bike (-3), scissorhand (-1) and 1 Heamonculus with terrorfex(-3), destructor (-1) and stinger (-1) = -12
example 2 : 1 Sorceror (-1) with Lash (-25) and Jumpack (-2), 1 sorceror (-1) with Lash (-25) = -54

Hypothesis 2 " compute the malus only once even if the unit characteristic appears multiple times, unless the word "each" is used.
example 1 : 1 Haemonculus with terrorfex (-3), bike (-3), scissorhand (-1) and 1 Heamonculus with terrorfex(0 since same malus already computed), destructor (0 since same malus already computed) and stinger (0 since same malus already computed) = -7
example 2 : 1 Sorceror (-1) with Lash (-25) and Jumpack (-2), 1 sorceror (-1) with Lash (0 since same malus already computed) = -29

Thanks in advance for your help ;-)

Jocke Rapp
Site Admin

Inlägg av Jocke Rapp »

Your hypothesis nr 1 is correct, we've simply not written "each" everywhere, even though it should be there... :oops:

Note that it's very important that all of your team-mates read the Swedish FAQ, especially those playing loyalist armies, as it effects the way they build their armies.

chtiofonce

Inlägg av chtiofonce »

Ok thanks :)

Yup we've compiled all the proper documents, currently digesting them to write the proper killer lists ;-)

Interesting system overall. May I ask how comp is affecting scoring in individual events ? Also, what team average comp note is expected if any passed experience can provide some ?

Jocke Rapp
Site Admin

Inlägg av Jocke Rapp »

In individual events, comp usually affects scoring in the same way as here (shifting the result up or down) or the entire composition points are simply added to your final score.

We expect composition to have an average of 50 per army. This can never be fully accurate of course, but probably somewhere around 50.

the godfather

Inlägg av the godfather »

chtiofonce skrev:to draft not too ridiculous lists...any info on that is welcome :)
I have been digging. I found the last years lists, thought it might help you on that point :)

http://www.svenska40k.se/docs/BSK-listor.doc

and yes, Skejterläjser is a scatterlaser, and a tjutspjut is a singing spear :?
I'll make you an offer you can't refuse

rankinglänk

chtiofonce

Inlägg av chtiofonce »

Thanks for all the awesome materials :)

While trying to draft '50 on average ' lists I'll practice my prononciation of singingspear...I may get to impress an eldar player with my swedish :lol:

Please let us know if any ot the reference document is updated...

cheers

Pierre

Gonka Koff

Inlägg av Gonka Koff »

Just a clarification, Pierre. When Jocke wrote about average composition score, he meant that 50 is the expected average of all army lists in the tournament.
There is no real wrong or right to have the team averaging above or under 50. The only thing that really matters is that every army must have more than 20.
You just have to be aware that if you win with a low-comp you do not get as many points as if you win with high comp.

Finally, I am very excited to see the international teams visiting. I really look forward to meet you in competition!

cheers,
Henrik
(and oh, yes, we met in Munster, I was one of the guys representing the cheerleeding of the Swedish team)
Scatter dice always point to me, which counts as a hit. I've never needed to re-roll to hit or wound. I can preemptively steal my own initiative. My army lists have won Pulitzers. Final note, I'm awesome. -Jon "The Man" Willingham

Skriv svar